Tuesday 21 April 2020

Day 34

Day 34...

First job of the day was to dig out my slow cooker from the back of the cupboard and figure out how to work it. Ashamed to say after initially using it quite a bit it got pushed to the back of the cupboard and forgotten about. But after asking for some input on meal suggestions this week and Molly repeatedly asking for Beef Bourguinon 'like you used to do' I thought I'd better make the effort.

So with that all set up and filling the kitchen with yummy smells I got on with some pre-school work. A few emails to chase and information to get out to parents along with some other admin bits and pieces.

We took another walk out at lunchtime, this time just under 2 miles in about 39 minutes. It was another bright sunny day but still battling against the wind for most of the walk and today we took a hillier route!

I made some more progress reading Dr Shawn Baker's book The Carnivore Diet while I sat outside with a coffee soaking up some more vitamin D. Definitely recommend this book to anyone wanting to improve their health, speaks so much sense and is delivered in a very easy to read and easy to understand way. I've got two more books lined up after this one; Dr Paul Saladino's Carnivore Code and Ted Naiman's The P:E Diet. I figure at this point in time anything I can glean from these books that help to keep us healthy and bolster immune systems is a good thing!

A little at home workout later this afternoon while Molly and Simon went 'down the gym' preceded the eating of the beef bourguinon which I have to say was rather yummy and a success all round...will have to see what other dishes I can cook up.

A short post today as we become used to this new way of life; I started writing these posts to document the 'lockdown', to be a reminder of what we endured and how we got through it. We can do no more than just get on with and accept the situation that we are in. We can but hope that those in charge can come up with sensible plans to get us through this and out the other side. That they hopefully recognise that this is a marathon and not a sprint and that perhaps just taking things at a cautious speed may stop us from being in a cycle of repeated lockdowns. There is so much information flying around out there, so many different points of view that it's difficult to know how to react to it all. All I know is that the sacrifices we are making now by staying home must be worth something, they cannot be in vain.

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment