Wednesday 21 July 2021

Day 490...School's Out

Day 490...

Well it's rather late in the day that I find myself writing this as time just seems to have vanished, but today was our last school day of this academic year so I can officially say 'School's Out!.

So my work day consisted of a little admin but as this was our third Open Day it was mainly spent chatting with parents, new and old. We were blown away by the generosity of our parents with lots of cards, gifts and kind words as we said goodbye to a cohort of our children...and yes there were tears!

But with the work day done and school done for another year I headed home to do a little more pre-school work! I know that contradicts what I've just said but I had a claim to process and a couple of emails to send. Although I will have some more work to do over the summer in the form of accounts and a few updates but they can wait for a day or so.

But with a fresh coffee in hand it was time to jump online with my good friend, and podcast co-host, Michelle to record another episode of our Disney Dream Girls podcast ready for releasing this coming Sunday. As always we have a great time recording but it is also chance for us to connect as friends and share what's going on in each other's lives.

I finished recording just in time to get Molly over to her kickboxing class and as is the norm at the moment she drove us there. Her driving is better than ever and you wouldn't know that you were in a car with a learner driver; just hope she can get a test date through earlier than her booked date in October!

And that was today, our last day in school and the start of the summer break and for me it is also 'tattoo eve' as guess what's happening tomorrow?!!

Take care.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment