Monday 19 July 2021

Day 488

Day 488...

Well, it has been a Monday and for a change I was in work today. As we are holding Open Days all this week I thought it was only right that as manager I be in each day.

This meant that my work was split between grabbing moments when I could do my usual admin work and then chatting with parents. We are using the opportunity of restrictions getting lifted to welcome parents, existing and new, into our preschool for the first time since March 2020!

These past sixteen months have been challenging and have seen us havjng to approach things in a different way. But we have missed out on lots over that time; missed Christmas concert, missed Leavers concerts, missed Christmas Fair and now two missed Summer Fairs. We have even had to set up our own Crowdfunder in lieu of being able to hold our Summer Fair this year. We can but hope that things will start to get back to something more normal over the next few months.

Back at home it was chance to catch-up with Simon who'd had a busy day involving a trip to Ikea which combined with getting Molly out for some more driving practice.

I then had some emails and admin of my own to sort through before getting Molly transported back and forth to her kickboxing class.

And all while today is being hailed as 'freedom day' here in England but I'm not convinced we are there yet. We have rumblings tonight of possible vaccine passports which could be a gateway to digital ID's and a two tier system. We find ourselves living in a time when our freedoms and liberty feel like they are hanging in the balance and when the majority also appear willing to accept it all rather than recognise the slippery slope we could find ourselves on.

I fear the road ahead is going to be a bumpy one! I started this blog 487 days ago to simply record what being in a lockdown was like and how it would affect us as it was something we had never experienced before. I never imagined that I would still be writing it now and feeling like we are on a knife edge, not knowing what truly lies ahead. So despite it being 'Freedom Day' I am going to carry on with my daily posts to capture just how things progress and whether we will ever get back to our old way of life.

Take care out there.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment