Thursday 15 July 2021

Day 484

Day 484...

Today was my first full day in work and I started the day with a mission.

I needed to stop by my local pharmacy to collect my dad's prescription so I made sure that I was there for opening. I arrived at two minutes past their opening time to find two other people waiting in front of me and the pharmacy still shut! There was a little banter between those of us waiting speculating that the staff inside were probably still drinking their coffee!

Anyway once opened I was fortunate that the people in front of me were dealt with quickly which was a good job as the prescription that my dad was told would be ready within the hour yesterday lunchtime was not! It would appear that the surgery hadn't passed the information onto the pharmacy until the end of business yesterday...thank goodness I hadn't tried to fetch it yesterday! But thankfully, with it sorted I was pleased to say that I was still able to get to work on time or thereabouts.

And then it was a full day in work and I had lots to do today, so it was heads down to get as much done as I could. As it's the end of the academic year we produce end of year assessments and these all needed checking and uploading to each child's learning journal and this took up a big chunk of my morning. Plus there was still the usual amount of emails and banking to contend with. Then this afternoon myself and my deputy had our 'management' time that we had missed out on yesterday. This means we get chance to catch up, update each other as well as plan forward.

After work I nipped to a local supermarket to pick up a few things before stopping by my dads to drop his prescription off. By the time I arrived home the window fitters had left for the day and all our windows and doors are almost complete. There has been a slight mix up with a panel for the front door and so whilst the door is fully functioning it does look a little mismatched and we need to wait for them to get the correct panel to us. But other than that everything looks great, although we now have the job of cleaning everywhere and putting curtains back in place and more!

I then carried on with a bit more pre-school work as I had a laptop to update as well as photos and video to upload, all of which take that little bit longer than you anticipate them doing. And while I have been busy with work so has Simon as his team have a deadline to meet tonight and so everyone is putting in extra hours to get as much done as possible.

And that was another Thursday...fingers crossed Simon gets to finish work soon so we can catch up with this weeks RuPauls Drag Race Allstars Season 6.

See you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment