Thursday 30 September 2021

Day 561

Day 561...

So ordinarily on a Thursday I only work the morning but today I had a message from one of my staff to say they were ill and couldn't work so this meant my half day turned into a full day.

But my day in work was pretty standard getting on top of banking, emails and a few admin bits.

I arrived home just as the last part of our bathroom re-fit was completed; the installation of our LED mirror. We had hoped to have fitted a recessed wall cabinet but when we discovered that the wall was in fact breeze block and not cavity we had to swap to just a mirror instead.

My next job was to speak to the company who will be installing a charging point for our new electric car. In the UK there is a grant scheme that means the installation of your first charging point is heavily discounted and with paperwork complete the next step was to arrange an installation. However, upon speaking with the installation team we encountered a small hiccup...well I'm hoping it's just a small hiccup. We want the charging point installed in our garage (pretty standard and obvious) but our garage is not attached to our house and is one of six garages that are associated with where our house is situated. So I have to prove that the garage is actually ours as otherwise we may not qualify for the grant scheme! This meant searching out the deeds to the house to prove that the garage, although remote from the house, is actually ours and ours alone! Documents have been scanned and submitted so I now await a phone call or email confirming that we can move ahead with the installation.

It was then time to hook-up online with my very good friend, and podcast co-host, Michelle to record this weeks Disney Dream Girls podcast. As always it was good just to catch-up with Michelle and share what's going on in our lives before getting down to the business of podcast recording. And with October 1st being the 50th anniversary of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World our show very much focused on the 50th celebrations which are set to take place over the next year (if not longer) and we did a little contemplation as to what we would do if we could actually be there on the 1st. All we can hope for at the moment is that things get back to normal and we get the chance to visit over the coming year or so. Not sure if that's going to happen or not as I think it will all depend on what sort of 'normal' we are living with!

While I was recording Simon and Molly hit the gym which I had no intention of doing as my back is still a little tender, although it is improving every day thank goodness.

And with that it must be time to stop typing and time to sit and watch this weeks RuPaul's Drag Race UK!

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment