Friday 24 September 2021

Day 555

Day 555...

And we have reached the end of the working week and a full day in work for me...well I say full day but my days ends around 3.30pm but we do start early so I still do just over seven hours in work.

Work today was a combination of working with the children and catching up on admin type bits and pieces. And when I did get home it was actually chance to carry on with a few bits that I wanted to get sorted. A few emails and some updating to do.

I also had my online grocery shop to update as we are collecting it a day earlier than normal as we have plans for Sunday which mean we won't have time to collect it then.

Then it was time to jump online with my podcast buddy Michelle as we had this weeks episode of the Disney Dream Girls to record. It's always a pleasure to chat with Michelle and our weekly recording session is also chance for us to chat, catch-up and support each other. We had fun recording about some new openings at Walt Disney World, changes at Disneyland and more.

By the time I'd finished recording Simon had finished work for the day and it was time to cook dinner. Molly and Dan were on their way home so dinner was timed for their arrival.

They had the trauma today of the panic buying of fuel that was going on in the UK. Not really sure why the panic had ensued but suspect the media reporting with headlines along the lines of 'public urged not to panic buy' perhaps helped 'fuel' the panic! Something that the media seems to likes doing at the moment!!

But as they had decided to fill the car yesterday they had enough fuel to get home but once here they decided to head out to see if they could get petrol anywhere. Dan lives about 190 miles away and as he will head back to his house on Sunday he wanted to make sure he had a full tank of fuel. Thankfully they were able to fill up at a local petrol station and while it was busy, and they had to queue which is unusual, they were still able to get what they needed.

Well that was Friday...it is late and I have had two glasses of wine so I'd better stop typing and see you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment