Thursday 23 September 2021

Day 554

Day 554...

Another day split between work and home and another day mainly spent doing pre-school work.

The morning saw some of the usual admin tasks but was also chance for myself and my deputy manager to have a catch-up and start looking and planning towards the end of the year. I think we may have even mentioned Christmas at one point!

After a spot of lunch at home with Simon and Ethan I nipped back out to do a little grocery shopping. I didn't need to get a lot just a few regular items that I can get much cheaper at my local supermarket than the larger store where I tend to get the majority of what we need. 

Back home again and it was time for a little more pre-school work; some admin ahead of a new child starting with us as well as a little more financial planning.

Earlier today we had received a delivery of gravel for our courtyard garden, despite the fact that when we ordered it the earliest date we could pick was tomorrow! So when Simon finished work we decided to get the gravel moved from where it had been left and onto the garden where it needed to be. This involved a wheelbarrow, some steps, a rake and a leaf blower!

Simon shoveled the gravel into the wheelbarrow, moved it down the steps to place onto the garden for me to then rake into place. About halfway through we realised that we also needed to blow some leaves out the way so that the gravel further down the garden could be spread about easier. About an hour later and 850kg of gravel had been moved and spread about!

Before....
...and after!
And with that done all that was left to do was to cook dinner, pour the wine and settle down to watch RuPaul's Drag Race UK!

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment