Monday 27 September 2021

Day 558

Day 558..

Well the day didn't start out too well today.

Just after I'd had my shower I suddenly realised that I'd forgotten to get sausage and bacon out of the freezer yesterday ready for this mornings breakfast. Not a big deal I just needed to hurry up, get dressed and get out to the freezer...that's in our garage...and everything would be fine.

In my haste to get dressed I pulled on a pair of freshly washed jeans...you know those jeans that need a bit of stretching when wearing them for the first time since being washed?! Suffice to say somehow in the wriggling and pulling on of said jeans I managed to pull my back - doh! So I can sit down perfectly fine and I can move about pretty well but the in between bit is proving to be somewhat of a challenge!

And then when I got to the fridge I discovered that I did actually have enough sausage and bacon ready for breakfast and so all the rushing and putting out of my back had been for nothing!

The first job of the day was for Simon as he had a parcel that needed to be collected this morning. After numerous failed deliveries last week plus a lack of communication from the delivery company (Yodel) had resulted in Simon 'chatting' with them online on Friday, for the second time last week, and being told that the parcel was now held at our local depot. Our local depot that was 10 miles away...and only open Monday to Wednesday during office hours...so not very local and not very accessible.

But Simon decided to use the opportunity to get Molly out for a practice drive and as he didn't know where he was going it was a good excuse for Molly to practice driving with a sat nav, which is something she will have to do in her test in a couple of weeks time. So off they went and apparently Molly did brilliantly, unfortunately Yodel were not as brilliant as Simon was informed that the parcel had now been returned to sender!! Argh!! Simon is now having to chase with the company sending the item as to where it actually is and whether it can be redelivered; it's a good job this was something Simon was being sent as a free addition to something he'd bought months ago and not something that he had requested himself!!

Just before Simon and Molly set off on their travels I'd decided to tackle the ironing pile that had gotten rather large. I'd just started ironing the first t-shirt when there was a pop, smoke and a strange beeping sound...no more ironing for me today! Instead, while Simon and Molly were out and about, I was online researching irons and finally buying one that will hopefully be here sometime tomorrow. I can't really complain as this one had lasted me at least eight years...probably longer...and has done a fair amount of ironing in its life!

The next job of the day was for Simon to sand back the plastering that he'd done over the weekend so that the surface could be smooth and ready for painting. A lot of dust was generated...a lot! So once the sanding had been done the remainder of the afternoon was spent cleaning up all the mess. Simon did manage to get a coat of paint on the wall after we cleaned up and it is already looking so much better than it did before.

We took a little time to sit outside this afternoon with a coffee as although the weather had been grey and wet this morning it had turned out to be a sunny but chilly afternoon and it was too nice to sit inside. But as the afternoon got a little chillier we moved our way inside and were able to catch another episode of the Disney + show 'Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom'. I'm not normally drawn to watching shows about animals and nature but I am finding this series to be so interesting and engaging and who knew that baby zebra's could be so cute.

It was then time for Molly to drive us over to her first kickboxing class of the week and yet again her driving skills were fantastic and she expertly handled three tricky hill starts in busy traffic!!

Monday is done, my back is still achy but I'm sure a little chocolate will make it feel better!!

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment