Friday 3 September 2021

Day 534

Day 534...

We have had a Friday and I have been busy pretty much all day.

First job of the day was to nip to a local supermarket to pick up a few bits that we were running short on, I'd intended to do this yesterday but jury service had thrown me off course.

Next it was open up the laptop and crack on with pre-school work. Having missed the in-work inset day yesterday I had an email from my deputy to work my way through. So first it was responding to her email followed by a couple of other emails that needed to be generated. I then had policies to tweak and a lengthy newsletter to write and by the end of the day that had been achieved. I still have an odd email to send and some links (okay a lot of links) to update on our website but I am hoping that I will get the chance to get those done over the weekend.

At lunchtime Simon and I took our usual 2.4 mile walk out in the drizzle armed with umbrella's which to be fair we didn't really need as once we got walking the rain seemed to disappear. As Simon logs all our walks using the Strava app I thought I would have a look to see how our mileage was doing and in August we have logged 35 miles in 12 hours which has been our busiest month since April, making a total of 292 miles walked in 2021 in 97 hours!

Just after lunch I caught up with my good friend and podcast co-host Michelle to record an episode of our Disney Dream Girls show. Michelle has been lucky enough to have spent time this summer on one of the Disney staycation cruises around the UK and was able to share her experiences on our show.

By the time the day was done I'd shopped, podcast recorded, completed pre-school work (more than I thought I would) and kept the coffee machine going while getting some odd jobs around the house done, plus Molly arrived home.

So with Friday done, roll on tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment