Wednesday 29 September 2021

Day 560...Midweek...

Day 560...

And we have the middle of the week and thankfully my back is starting to feel a little better!

It was a pretty standard morning in work and then it was home for the afternoon although the first job once home was to attend a virtual 'leaders and managers meeting' run by my county council's early years department. So after grabbing a quick bite to eat and armed with a coffee I logged onto the meeting. Unfortunately I hadn't realised that the meeting was not the usual network meeting run for managers to update us on all things early years but was in fact to look at something being called 'Future Shape Education'.

I should have bailed when I realised what the focus of the meeting was all about. While the basis of creating an education provision that will give children the best start and therefore the best possibilities in life is sound, it is something that as educators we are doing all the time and do not need a 'focus group' to tell us this. Apparently, it is a forum to share resources and best practice...well I'm sorry but we are a small charity run pre-school with a team who have been working in the industry for a lot of years and have the experience, the knowledge and the skill set to ensure our children get the best possible start to their educational journey. And as a small pre-school we do not have the time or wealth of resources to be sharing with others.

But I joined the meeting and listened to what had to be said and then we got to the 'interactive' part...really?! So the over 100 delegates in attendance were split into 'breakout rooms' and had to discuss the aforementioned 'Future Shape Education' and then complete a form to 'report back'. I found myself in a room with three other people...one person quickly disappeared and that left three of us...none of us knowing what we were to do or probably inclined to know what to do. One of my fellow delegates decided to speak and at that point I bailed. We have all been on courses where there is a point in the proceedings when an 'activity' has to be completed with the strangers that you're sat with. We all know how awkward that can be, having to chat with people you have never met before and are likely never to meet again, and someone has to take the lead, and someone has to be the 'representative' of the group to present your answers to the room. Well imagine that but online, with a series of circles on your screen with peoples initials displayed...well I couldn't stomach it so I bailed.

I really couldn't justify spending my time (personal time as this was outside my working hours) doing something so frivolous and unproductive so instead I got the remaining pile of ironing done instead. Much more productive and time well spent!

Next on my list of productive things to do was to order some new equipment for pre-school as well as place a butchers order that will be delivered on Friday. I was also able to have another little clean around of the bathroom as I started to put things back into the room. I have a couple of baskets that I like to have out on display that contain all the various soaps and shampoos that I have brought home from our various stays in Disney hotels, and so it was good to be able to put them back in their rightful place.

It was then time for Molly to drive us over to her second kickboxing class of the week and when we drove back later on to collect her we popped to a supermarket to pick up a few things we were running short of.

And that was Wednesday, and now all that remains is to watch this weeks episode of Marvel's What If?

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment