Sunday 10 January 2021

Another day and it's Day 298

Day 298...

Wow, day 298...who would have thought way back in March last year that I would still be writing these daily posts.

The idea was to write a post a day as a way to capture what was happening during the 'pandemic' that was gripping the world and throwing us all into a state of fear and confusion.

Today has been a tough day for me, not sure why. Perhaps I'm just mentally tired and worn down with all that is happening. Molly is spending this lockdown with her fella and so will be away from home for who knows how long and I think that has hit me a bit today. I don't have any problem with Molly being away from home, with her staying with fella (he is so lovely and they obviously adore each other) and all I want is for her to be happy, but I do miss my partner in crime and as a hormonally challenged woman I find myself rather emotional.

We are all having to deal with yet another lockdown but I will admit to feeling rather tired of it all now. I am a very pragmatic sort of person, I will deal with whatever comes my way and try not to worry about things I have no control over but this is all starting to feel like too much. I have tried to keep away from social media and news today as I know I am feeling rather fragile and just need to avoid anything that is going to make me more frustrated, angry, disappointed and feeling powerless.

So the day has been a quiet one. The usual online grocery shop was completed. Simon has been making helmets (I currently have four sitting in my kitchen!), making some adjustments to his 3D printer and assembling some more R2D2 parts. I have also made some progress on my latest jigsaw.

And the day was finished off with our usual Disney Dream Girls Disney Quiz via Zoom. I had the task of setting some questions on the live action version of Mulan. Simon and I had watched the movie earlier in the week and had really quite enjoyed it and I had planned to re-watch it again to note down some questions. As it was we decided to play a game of Villainous last night and so while we played Simon put the movie on the TV with the sound off and subtitles on and was able to come up with the questions for me! We had a lovely hour chatting Disney and more; a nice and much needed distraction.

Take care of yourselves,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment