Friday 22 October 2021

Day 583

Day 583...

And we have reached Friday and today is the first day of my half term break from pre-school.

I had the day off in lieu of covering for one of my staff who will be on holiday when we return to pre-school but there was still the chance that I could have been called in should someone have been off ill. But thankfully that didn't happen so I could start my half term break a day early.

But first job this morning was actually work related! I decided to complete the accounts for the academic year so far; a task that had to be done at some point over the next week and I figured I'd try and get it out the way today. And although the accounts didn't balance first time it didn't take me too long to figure out what I'd done wrong and by lunchtime all the accounts were up to date, spreadsheets created and the cash tin balanced. And at the same time I'd been able to put another couple of loads of laundry on and keep the boys in the house refreshed with coffee.

So as Simon broke for lunch we headed out for a brisk lunchtime walk; a little windy and a bit damp as we approached home but we managed 2.4 miles in 44 minutes - not too shabby!

Then the afternoon was mainly spent doing household chores; first there was the ironing and then I decided to tackle our shoe storage! It has been a while since I'd sorted through the shoes so there was a lot of moving, sorting, cleaning and re-organising to do and it seemed to take longer than I'd thought it would but it was a worthwhile exercise.

Simon played taxi for Ethan as he had a meal out with his work team and Molly and Dan arrived home. Then we could reveal Simon's special project that he'd spent the early part of the week doing as it was a special gift for Molly. For a while she had wanted something to display all her kickboxing belts and having looked online she couldn't find anything larger enough for all of her belts and so she'd asked Simon if he could make something for her. So in secret Simon had gotten all the materials together, including buying a new chop saw (just a good excuse I think!) and had used this week while Molly was away to make her, her very own, custom, belt display!

New chop saw!
Materials cut and ready for assembly
In progress, even filling over the screws!
Finished belt display...fancy!
All that was left was for Molly to iron all her belts into the correct shape and attach them to the boards...
Complete with belts

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment