Friday 31 July 2020

Day 135

Day 135...

Well today has been a tad on the warm side, I think we hit 34 degrees Celsius this afternoon with clear blue skies and sunshine all day.

This morning was taken up with completing the end of year accounts for pre-school. I thought as today is our official last day for the financial year I would get as much done as I possibly could. The great thing was that I balanced both cash and the bank account pretty much straight away which made it relatively straight forward.

Later this afternoon I was able to find some time to prep all my accounting books for the new financial year as well as chat via email with a new parent. The great thing has been that over the last week or so we have had quite a few enquiries for children to start with us this September which has been lovely to see. Ordinarily by now we would be full to almost capacity but the knock-on effect of COVID has seen a much reduced interest in childcare as I think parents simply haven't thought about childcare going forward plus there is still some uncertainty about what childcare and education will look like by the time we get to September.

We managed our usual lunchtime walk completing one of our favourite walks in around 40 minutes. It was a beautifully clear day and it was great to be out in the sunshine.

The majority of the afternoon was spent painting the bench that I had sanded down over the last few days. I was able to give all the wooden slats a coating of stain but it will definitely need at least one more coat and I still have all the metalwork to paint as well.

Last night we were told that certain areas in the North West of England were having stricter lockdown measures imposed because of an uptick in cases. Today our government announced that further easing of the lockdown that was due to happen tomorrow will not now take place, again because of an uptick in cases. The good thing is that masks will now have to be worn in more indoor spaces like museums and cinemas and in a weeks time it will become 'enforceable in law'.

So the question I still have, and have had from early on, is why is it okay to open pubs and restaurants but I can't spend time with family or close friends? Surely mixing with a small group of people I know is much more preferable to sitting in a pub with goodness knows who else while masks are not being worn...Oh I forgot...me spending time with friends and family in the comfort of my own home/garden means I'm not spending money! And while I appreciate we need to be supporting our economy there are lots of other ways we can be doing that than sitting in busy indoor spaces without any protection.

So however you choose to spend your time, do so wisely and safely, wash your hands and wear a mask.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment