Friday 3 July 2020

Day 107

Day 107...

And the last day of the working week for me, and the second of my two days actually in work this week. Could someone please tell the weather the month is July and that it's supposed to be warm and sunny?!! Because at times today it was blooming freezing!

My work day was pretty straight forward, a few emails, little bit of accounts, and some more prep work ready for the new school year in September.

Once home it was shower, change and have a coffee before sitting back at my laptop to respond to a few emails and add to my grocery shop that is due to be collected on Monday.

I then made some keto bread for the weekend; this is a fab recipe from the Diet Doctor website called Golden Sesame bread and goes great with pate, cream cheese or simply butter! And it's keto...yum!

So here in the UK we are about to enter the next stage of our lockdown restrictions easing which sees pubs, bars, restaurants, hairdressers and others being able to open their doors from tomorrow. They will have to operate as 'COVID secure' (whatever that means) and the social distancing rules can be relaxed down to one metre with mitigation. This basically means that if you can't keep two metres apart then you need to be wearing a mask...or at least I think that's what it means?!

To be honest the messaging from the UK government at times is less than clear; there are a lot of 'recommendations' rather than 'must do's' and the whole message around masks is somewhat vague. Apparently if you are on public transport then you must wear a mask, but if you are out and about and might struggle to meet the two metre distancing, then wearing a face covering is probably a good idea and, if you can, try and sit/stand side by side and in a well ventilated space.

So as our pubs and bars open tomorrow it is going to be interesting to see what going to a pub in this new way is going to look like and will it be anything like what we are used to experiencing? For me personally, and I'm not trying to sound anti-social, but I really am in no rush to go out to a pub...to mix with people I don't know, that I don't know where they have been and to have to queue to be let in or only be allowed to sit outside, and if I want to meet friends we need to be at least a metre apart and should really, probably...maybe...wear a face mask - sorry but that doesn't sound like a fun night out...I think I can wait a bit longer.

I would much rather have a few friends around to sit in my garden, socially distanced, and have a few drinks, at a fraction of the price, in a much safer environment and enjoy the experience. I am sure over time as things improve and get to be more 'normal' (although I think normal as we knew it is a long way off at the moment) I will venture back out into the world at large but for the time being I will keep on doing what I have been doing as that seems to work for me and mine.

And I will still say that while I appreciate the economic need for these businesses to be able to open their doors and start earning, it does feel rather cruel that we still can't hug people that we care about and haven't been able to see or spend time with over these last few months. I would much rather spend quality time with those I care about than sit in a bar worrying that I might go home with an uninvited guest!

Whatever your plans are this weekend, wherever you decide to go please just do it safely, follow the guidance, wear a mask and most importantly stay safe.
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment