Wednesday 1 July 2020

Day 105

Day 105...

Well that felt like a day and a half today!

Lots of busy work centered around getting ready for September and prepping paperwork for our new starters, along with sorting invoices...hoping to be well ahead of myself by the time we get to the end of term. There was also some accounts to write up and the usual emails to deal with.

My other, and very important job, of the day was to source a new coffee machine. Ours decided to die on us yesterday after only a few months of use and whilst we will be able to get it returned I decided to get a new replacement straight away...we drink way too much coffee (albeit decaffeinated) to be without a reliable machine...thank goodness for Amazon as a new one will arrive tomorrow!

I made yet another call to the courier company about the two parcels sat in my hall still waiting to be collected and whilst the chap I spoke to couldn't resolve the situation he was so much nicer to speak to than the other customer service personnel of the last couple of days. He took the time to explain to me exactly what the problem was, how they had tried to resolve and the error they had made doing that and then offered me an alternative solution. Which involves getting refunds of the postage so far and printing new postage so that we can then take the parcels to a drop-off point (which is what we were trying to avoid) rather than trust the collection system! Not ideal but at least it will get the parcels out of my hallway!

Eventually I stopped work (about two hours after my official end of day) and decided to take a little time out to attempt some more of my jigsaw. I had contemplated starting in the middle and working my way out to the edge but figured as the edge has no obvious connecting bits to the middle of the jigsaw I would still be left with the edge to finish at the end so I might as well just get it over and done with. I have managed to connect some pieces together...not many...but a few!

And that is me done for the day, another day where speculation is rife as to where the next local lockdown may well be. Well, as we prepare for pubs and restaurants opening their doors at the weekend the old adage about 'only time will tell' will probably ring true. I have no desire to rush into a pub or a restaurant just yet...it's not that I don't enjoy a nice meal out or a drink with friends but it's something that I think can wait a while longer yet. I would much rather sit in my back garden with a glass of wine and enjoy the company of an odd friend or two (socially distanced of course) than go rushing into an environment where any chance of social distancing is somewhat suspect and contact with whoever from wherever would be the order of the day.

I am quite happy carrying on as we are for the time being and it maybe a bit boring but I would rather play the long game and take my chances when I am good and ready and not by some arbitrary date the government lays out.

Stay safe out there,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment