Tuesday 1 March 2022

Day 714

Day 714...

Tuesday once more and for me it was a full day in work as opposed to my normal half a day.

As I am stepping down from my job at pre-school, and am now in the process of passing on the mantle of manager, I am now working a full day on a Tuesday to help with that transition.

These next few weeks will see me introduce all that I do to my deputy who will be taking over a good proportion of what I do. I will also be showing other members of my team specific tasks so that ultimately the elements that make up my job role can be shared out where best.

So all day myself and my deputy went through the day's work; emails, funding, spreadsheets, wages, data input and more. We are finding that we will start with one task in mind and this often leads to lots of tangents, but we are working our way through and making progress.

Because Simon had a barbers appointment today, and we only have the one car now, it meant that I was chauffeured to and from work today so that he could have the car. I have to admit it was quite nice having a bit of company on my work journeys!

And Simon had the good foresight to put a pot of coffee on before he left the house to pick me up so we walked in the house to freshly brewed coffee. I then had a task ahead of me. White Lies (my favourite band!!) were launching their first ever, official, fan club today at 5pm and the first 50 to sign up would receive a special signed photo. So between Simon and I we had alarms set on our phones, the website was open on my laptop and I was already for 5pm to roll around. 

To kill the time while I waited I attempted a little more of my current jigsaw...

...lots of colour and lots of details on this one! 

Just before 5pm I was sat at my laptop and kept refreshing the bands webpage waiting for the link to the fan club to appear. By 5.06pm I was in and able to purchase my membership for the next 12 months, by 5.09pm I had the email to confirm I was now a member...

I will now receive a t-shirt and a pin along with access to discounted merchandise and some exclusive content including a video of their stripped back concert that we saw in Bournemouth at the end of last year! Whether I have been lucky enough to be in the first 50 to sign up I don't know and I guess I will just have to wait and see.

With that excitement out of the way and with Simon finishing work for the day we put on our gym gear and headed out for a workout. Loving the fact that we have adapted our garage into a gym space as there is no longer any effort involved in getting to the gym and back. Simply open the garage and move some weights about!

I think I will sign off now as I know we have a couple of TV shows to watch; Making Magic Mike and RuPauls Drag Race UK versus the World...and as it's Pancake Day we may be indulging in our low carb version of a pancake. A simple mix of eggs, cream, a touch of baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and some dark chocolate thrown in at the end of cooking - yummy!

See you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment