Thursday 31 March 2022

Day 744

Day 744...

We have had a mixed bag of weather today from a light flurry of snow first thing to heavy snow to blue skies and sunshine and then back to heavy snow and then repeat.

Typically the snow decided to show itself just as I decided to pop out for a quick Lidl shop. I was due to meet my brother and his wife later this morning so wanted to nip out and get the little bit of shopping we needed out of the way.

By the time I'd got everything I needed (all of 10 minutes) the weather had changed from grey and very snowy to bright blue skies and sunshine! And that pattern continued for the rest of the day.

I met my brother and his wife at my dads house mid-morning and we set about getting some more cleaning done. They had brought a carpet cleaner with them and made headway with that while I concentrated on the kitchen. Unfortunately my dad had not been as diligent with the cleaning as he perhaps should have and so consequently there is a lot to do but we are getting there slowly. Unfortunately we weren't able to get all the stains out of the carpets but they all look, and smell, fresher now.

This afternoon we had an update from the coroner who has confirmed that because of the circumstances around my dads passing, and following the post mortem today, certain tests are now needed. It is going to take 8 weeks for the results of these tests to be known and then it is highly likely that an inquest will be needed. But we do now have an interim death certificate and his body has been released to the funeral home so that we can start to make arrangements.

Before we knew it the whole day had passed us by, and as I arrived home Simon was heading down our gym. I decided to leave him to it as I still had a few things that I needed to do as the coroner had emailed over some forms that needed signing, scanning and returning. I am in work all day tomorrow so wanted to make sure I actioned stuff tonight so as not to hold anything up.

So Thursday is done and dusted and I will see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment