Tuesday 22 March 2022

Day 735

Day 735...

A Tuesday once more and another full day in work.

I have ahead of me three more full days in work which is not my normal contracted hours but at the moment the hours are needed to help transition my role. So today it was another full day of taking my deputy through some of the work that makes up my job. And today it was the ever so exciting (sarcasm here!) and very necessary calculation of fees and the creation of invoices.

It took us a full day to work through everything and yet again re-iterated to me just how adept I have become at these various tasks over the years and simply 'get on and do' without giving much thought to what goes into getting the job done. 

A lot of my work is kind of 'rinse and repeat' and we have decided that the word of today was 'plagiarise'. Because I have been doing this job for a lot of years there are many, many occasions where I simply refer back to previous iterations and plagiarise my own work to create a more up to date and relevant version.

Arriving home I found that Ikea had delivered our new sofa bed and that the coffee was ready and waiting. I did a little more work online as well as deal with a couple of my own jobs before taking a few minutes, with a second cup of coffee, on my jigsaw; almost complete now!

It was then time to head down the gym, but before we did that we had to relocate the new sofa bed from our hallway to our upstairs bedroom...it was a nice warm-up prior to the gym session. With a little brute force and ingenuity we managed to get it upstairs much easier than I had anticipated and it now sits very nicely in the room...

And that was Tuesday, see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment