Sunday 6 March 2022

Day 719

Day 719...

Sunday has rolled around once more.

We started the day off with the collection of our weekly grocery shopping from Asda. Really beginning to notice not only the price rises but also the lack of availability of some things. But we were home and everything packed away by about 11am and so we had the rest of the day in front of us.

We decided to head into Derby for a little mooch about; chance to have an explore around to see what was on offer. We are very fortunate to live within equal distance of both Nottingham and Derby but of late we have found ourselves visiting Nottingham more so we decided to give Derby a go today.

Derby has a lovely shopping mall but we decided to park away from the mall so that we could have a wander through the city rather than just experiencing the mall. Derby is not a big city and is quite easy to explore. We were very aware as we wandered about just how many shops were empty, or simply had chosen not to open on a Sunday. We noticed how quiet the city felt and it was really quite sad.

We made our way over to the mall which is a lovely space to walk around and has all the major retailers that you would expect to see in a city and while the mall itself had plenty of people walking about it was not what I would call busy. Perhaps it was because it was a Sunday but it felt awfully quiet for what was once a busy city centre. Just so sad to see so many shop units empty.

I did manage to come away with some new make-up though; a lipstick and eye-liner...

...and I was tempted by...but resisted the Disney make-up by Morphe!

Before heading home we stopped for a coffee and took the time to talk and start evaluating our current position in our world and where we see ourselves heading.

With my decision to leave pre-school and head for 'early retirement' there are lots of things to be thinking about and lots of decisions to be made. And part of this whole process is a chance for me to stop and think about what I want to do for me...not what I need to do, not what I ought to do, not what is right for everyone else but what is actually right for me at this point in my life. I have no idea what that is as yet but I do know it's going to take a little time to adjust to that thought and a little time to figure it all out.

And today, by simply talking with Simon, I have started the process...I have no idea where it's going to take me or how long it will take me to get there and I suspect there is lots more to talk about between now and then!

And with that I will say, see you tomorrow.
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment