Thursday 10 March 2022

Day 723

Day 723...

Today it will be a relatively short blog post as I am writing this at the end of my working day and before I get ready to head out for the evening.

It was a full day in work as I ended up working extra this afternoon to cover a member of staff who was off. This also meant that the afternoon was spent attending an online 'leaders and managers briefing'...not the most exciting of meetings!

But the morning was filled with the usual sort of stuff plus I was able to update the router that we use as our provider had sent us a new one with our renewal of contract. So when we had a lull in proceedings I was able to swap one out for the other and then go around all our bits of technology to ensure they could all connect to the new router. I thought I'd remembered everything until this afternoon when I went to print something and couldn't understand why the printer was refusing to work and then I remembered that as it's wireless it too would need its connection updating. But all being well by the end of the day everything was working as it should.

It was then home for a coffee and time to get changed and do my make-up ready for going out later. We have tickets to see White Lies at Rock City in Nottingham, this will be our third time seeing them since November. And the last time we saw them at Rock City was back in 2019 when we had VIP passes...

VIP meet and greet February 2019
...and while there's no VIP this time around I am looking forward to seeing them turn it out as always. Plus we have been so lucky to see them in a small venue doing a stripped back gig in Bournemouth last November...

...and then again at an even smaller event at Rough Trade in Nottingham a few weeks back as part of their album launch.

Me and Harry!!!!
The last time we saw them in a full concert was in December of 2019 at The O2 Acadamy in Brixton as part of their anniversary tour to mark 10 years since the release of their debut album. 
December 2019 - Brixton
They are such a great band live and we are looking forward to another fantastic gig...I will report back tomorrow.

See you later.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment