Monday 16 August 2021

Day 516...Monday...

Day 516...

The start of the working week for some but the last day of Simon's holiday for us.

First thing this morning we had a local landscape gardener pay us a visit to provide a quote for laying some artificial grass. We had their quote by early afternoon but have another couple of companies lined up to provide quotes before we decide whether it's something we want to do and whether the price is right!

We then headed off for a wander around Nottingham and explored a little more of the Arboretum. We'd only really discovered the Arboretum a couple of weeks ago and so decided to head back there today to walk around where we've not yet been. A coffee was then needed and we popped into a Starbucks...not our usual choice and although I have nothing against the coffee I don't think we will be frequenting this branch again. It was noisy, doors banging constantly, sticky tables, crumbs on the floor and it felt like we were sitting in the middle of a busy bus station rather than a calm cafe. Not really the experience I would have expected, nor wanted, and considering the number of staff working, there really was no excuse for the state of the place. Suffice to say we will avoid this particular store in the future and stick to our usual coffee stops.

Back home and we had an afternoon of Simon completing more digital art and me scanning yet more photos. I'm working my way through our holiday photos from Orlando in 1991 and as I came across some from the Magic Kingdom fireworks and Main Street Electrical Parade I wanted to check what time these would have occurred. I was going to google the question but then I had a thought and went on a search...

...and found these park guide maps and show times from 1991 which provided the answer I needed.

And I just love these photos...

...a rare photo of us both together on this holiday and I am guessing this was taken between the fireworks and then the parade...
...this photo has me with a rose...while waiting for the parade Simon bought me a 'light-up' rose. I still have this rose, and it still works, and is one of my most prized Disney souvenirs.

Our day was rounded out with Molly driving us over to her Monday night kickboxing class and sparring session.

And there we have a Monday, see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment