Friday 23 October 2020

End of Term

Day 219...

Today was the last day of the first term of our academic school year. We have made it through seven weeks and four days relatively unscathed and now have one week to relax and recharge.

But the day was pretty uneventful with just the usual type of admin tasks to complete. I, thankfully, remembered to bring some paperwork home with me so that I can update the accounts over the next week.

We spent the afternoon removing all the Halloween decorations, although we kept on finding small plastic spiders after we had cleared everything away. As the decorations mostly belong to me I have the pleasure of looking after them at home and will admit to giving myself a bit of a start when unpacking a bag and thinking there was a spider in the bottom only to realise that it was plastic, of course!

As the pre-school is a registered charity we rely very heavily on fundraising so this week, as part of our Halloween Fun Week, we had been selling some 'Treat Cups', as well as asking parents to make a small contribution to the festivities. By the end of today we had raised £125, which was amazing, and will help go a long way with some new purchases that we are in desperate need of for our role play kitchen area.

This did mean that once home I had to first unpack my car of Halloween decorations before then counting the money that we had collected over the week. But with those jobs out the way I can now enjoy some downtime away from work. Well I say that but there will be a couple of jobs that will need doing but I am hoping these will only take up a small amount of my time this coming week.

I think now, more than ever, it is important to distinquish between work time and non-work time so that you get to enjoy the time away from work and switch off for a while. There may not be much happening, or places to go, or people to see but it is still important to take the time for yourself and find the space to simply chill.

So I have a glass of red...well my second glass of red...and it's time to put my feet up and embrace the coming week or rest and relaxation.

Stay safe out there, wash your hands, keep your distance and wear a mask.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment