Saturday 24 October 2020

It's Saturday!

Day 220...

Welcome to the weekend and the first day of my week off work.

A relaxed start to the day followed by taking Molly to her guitar lesson which meant we took advantage of a drive thru coffee while we waited. In more normal times we would have gone inside the aforementioned coffee shop but for now we will stick to the drive thru. But the lovely thing was that the staff there still remember us; the knock-on effect of visiting the same establishment at the same time week after week for a good number of years!

By the time we got home the weather had turned quite grey and wet so any thoughts of getting out for an afternoon walk were quashed. But in true gentlemanly style when I mentioned that I needed something from our garage which meant going outside in the pouring rain Simon grabbed an umbrella and braved the elements just as it decided to rain even heavier...must be true love 💘 

I then did something that I never normally do which was to stop, sit down and watch a film in the middle of the afternoon. Well I did have a reason for this; it was all done in the name of research. Tomorrow is our regular Disney Dream Girls weekly Disney quiz and I had been tasked with coming up with questions about the movie Hocus Pocus. I could have just googled it, or read about it on Wikipedia, but instead I decided to refresh my memory and come up with questions myself. 

Literally feet up and movie time!
It was great fun to revisit the film and I am pretty happy with the seventeen questions that I have come up with. Let's hope they are a good mixture of tricky and straight forward!

I had another Disney brown box arrive mid-afternoon with some more Christmassy bits and pieces.


And I couldn't resist getting some Disney Christmas earrings as well...
...and I am in love with the artwork that's on the back of the box of baubles...
The remainder of the afternoon was spent getting a few more Halloween decorations scattered around the house while Simon completed his Star Wars, MSE droid project; this has been on the go for about a year and has not only included 3D printing, metalwork, resin casting but also electronics. You can see more on Simons art page over on Facebook.
There we have Saturday done and dusted, and now it's time for red wine and dark chocolate - I know how to live it up on a Saturday night!!

Take care out there, wash your hands, keep your distance and wear a mask.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment