Saturday, 3 October 2020

Busy Saturday

Day 199...

We had a steady, but purposeful, start to the day today. We had a few 'tasks' to get completed that time to do them during the week seemed to have eluded us.

There were phone calls to make, more online selling queries, selling pictures to post and Simon had some 3D printing to 'get going' as he makes more modifications to his mouse droid project.

The great news was that Molly's boyfriend arrived mid-morning! Phew! Smiles all around and birthday weekend celebrations for him could now go ahead unhindered.

Molly had her usual Saturday morning guitar lesson for which this week she had her own personal taxi service in the shape of her fella. 

We then braved the very wet weather to nip out and get some keys cut for our 'other house' that we are now renting out. As it was going to take a little while to get them cut we headed for a coffee...which meant queuing outside in the rain and seemed to take an inordinate amount of time, especially when you consider we only drink black coffee!

We arrived back home with keys and coffee at the same time as Molly returned home from her guitar lesson. A quick stop for lunch and then it was on with the afternoon. Molly had booked tickets for her and Dan to go ice skating; her fella is a very good skater and this has helped Molly rekindle her skating efforts and since meeting Dan her skating has improved immensely. This was the first time either of them had been able to ice skate since lockdown was introduced. Luckily for us we live close to a very good ice centre who had been able to re-open a few weeks ago, by all accounts they had a great time and Molly only fell over the once!

Simon decided to email the tenants who have just moved into our 'other house' to introduce ourselves and ask about any pieces of furniture that they wanted removing. Then I started some prep work for making dinner this evening while Simon fixed a resource that I had brought home from pre-school...basically a large, wooden, counting frame that needed making more secure.

While we were doing that we had a phone call from our new tenants...wanting to let us know about the pieces of furniture they didn't need. The strange thing was he hadn't seen the email that Simon had sent him 20 minutes earlier...spooky!

So the rest of our afternoon was spent travelling between home and our 'other house' (thankfully only a few miles away) to bring some of the smaller pieces of furniture back to ours. I think these will be appearing online for sale in the next day or so as it's proving to be a great way to move them on to somewhere else where they will be appreciated.

After about three trips back and forth our garage that we had cleared out yesterday is now very full again...better get on with that online selling malarkey!

Then our evening has been filled with party food, birthday cake, ice-cream and smiles. It has been lovely to see Molly and Dan getting to spend the time together they had been so looking forward to, that had at times this week seemed so far out of reach. A little ray of normality in this strange world we are living in at the moment.

Take care, enjoy the weekend safely...keep your distance, wash your hands and wear a mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment