Monday 31 January 2022

Day 685

Day 685...

My day started off by getting up relatively bright and early as we had an engineer visiting at some point today to service our boiler. It was a good job I was up and about as when I checked my phone I found a message from one of my team to say they were ill and couldn't make it in to work. This meant a quick change of clothes and a change of plan!

So my Monday was spent in work, for a full day. I was able to get ahead of my work load for the week with the usual emails, banking and data input as well as chatting with a potential new parent.

Back home and Simon had spent most of his day editing home movie video that he'd captured over the weekend. The boiler had been serviced and a couple of our radiators that weren't generating any heat had been fixed as well. 

As I arrived home I was greeted by a courier making an Amazon delivery who was looking a bit lost, as luck would have it the delivery was for us. Simon had ordered some LED lighting along with a housing unit for them, unfortunately the housing unit wasn't quite right so that is now being returned and an alternative ordered in its place.

The remainder of the afternoon was simply chance for Simon and I to catch-up, drink coffee and chill. I had my completed jigsaw to dismantle and then my next one to start...and of course it had to be a Disney one...

...should be a fun one to do. I have the edge pieces sorted and a start made on the outside, although I think I may have missed at least one piece already - whoops!

While I sorted jigsaws Simon was much more energetic and jumped on the exercise bike for some more zone two training! 

And that was our Monday, not quite what we had in mind but onwards and upwards and I will see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment