Thursday 23 December 2021

Day 646...Christmas Eve Eve

Day 646...

We have a Thursday and we have Christmas Eve Eve!

After a lovely evening out yesterday it was a steady start to the day, in fact it was the first day in a while that we didn't need to be anywhere or doing anything.

But last night was a mixture of cocktails (not for me as I find them too sugary!), wine, great food (lots of which were on sticks!) and good company. It was nice to be out with the girls from work and to be able to not be in 'work mode'! It was also great to be 'out, out' and getting a little glammed up and doing something that felt almost like normal...save the staff wearing masks!!!

All glammed up!

Fancy cocktails

Meat on a stick!
But back to today and the main task of the day was to get all the Christmas present wrapping completed. So we settled down with coffee, paper, cellotape, scissors and a suitably Christmas themed movie (Elf) and embarked on getting everything wrapped. By the end of the movie everything had been done and all that remained was for me to have half an hour on my own to wrap the few bits and bobs that I have gotten for Simon. 

Over the course of the day I have been getting on top of jobs around the house so that over the next few days I don't have to worry about the mundane stuff. I also ventured outdoors to replace all the batteries in my battery operated Christmas lights so that they are all nice and bright for the big day!

And by the middle of the afternoon Molly and Dan arrived home for the holidays!! Yay!!

The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up with Molly and Dan and planning what we will be doing tomorrow as it is Ethan's birthday! And as I type Simon is mixing up a batch of waffle mix as it is a tradition that for the kids birthdays, and for Christmas, we have Mickey waffles for breakfast!

So I will see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment