Sunday 12 December 2021

Day 634

Day 634...

Well we have had a Sunday and it turned out to be a bit busier than I think we had been expecting.

The day started with our usual weekly grocery shopping pick up, which seemed to take so much longer than normal. The store we collect from have changed their collection location and procedures and it now seems to take longer than their old way of doing things. We arrived this morning with at least five cars already waiting, their 'app' that didn't seem to be working and a store colleague who quite frankly didn't seem to know what he was doing. Thankfully another colleague appeared to help out and things started to speed up.

Our main focus once we were home, and the shopping put away, was to sort out the garage ready for the delivery of our new electric car tomorrow. Having had the charging unit installed this past week the garage needed tidying and reorganising as well as the floor cleaning. As we use the garage as our gym we have a rubber floor installed and with all the work of the last week it was in need of a good sweep and a mop!

We then decided to get out the power washer to clean around the parking area as there was lots of muck left over from all the work last week. As our parking area is a communal space shared by us and our four neighbours it is quite a big space so it took us a lot longer than we'd anticipated to get everywhere spruced up!

But being outside did mean that I was able to re-set some of my outside lights that had had to be moved while the new cabling was installed, and so they are now back where they belong.

By the time we had finished it was quite late on in the day and I remembered that I needed to sort out the car insurance for tomorrow. Having looked online yesterday I'd got a pretty good idea of what price I could get but decided to see what my current insurer could do. Well for some reason their online system wouldn't recognise my new car so I phoned through instead. But the automated system told me that department I needed was closed, which was understandable for a Sunday. But I then realised I could 'chat' online, but yet again they couldn't find my car...although while I was chatting online I decided to 'get a quote' from the same company posing as if I was a new customer and lo and behold the system could find my car!!! But by the time the online chat got back to me they decided they wanted extra money off me which meant that the annual premium was significantly higher than elsewhere.

So back to the compare sites I went and found a policy that I was happy with and was able to sort out my new insurance with just a few clicks on the keyboard. Phew, all sorted ready for tomorrow.

I now have the job ahead of cancelling old policies, old direct debits and ordering a replacement driving licence as mine has fallen to pieces. I've held onto my paper version as it was in perfectly good shape and there was no need to replace but as I unfolded it the other day it fell apart so I think I ought to get it replaced!

And there we have a Sunday, see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment