Thursday 2 December 2021

Day 624

Day 624...

And day number three of being in work all day...covering for staff absence rather than having my usual Thursday of morning in work and afternoon at home.

And tomorrow will be another full day in work as that is my usual full day...I did joke with my team that I might be next to useless tomorrow as I'll be knackered from all the extra hours!! Just kidding, I have a great team with whom it is a pleasure to work, but I have missed those few hours at home to catch up with jobs around the house. I'd hoped to start a little online Christmas shopping this week but alas that will have to be a job for the weekend...although I have no idea what I'm getting everyone!

But my work day was a day mixed with admin, banking, emails, writing 'Letters from Santa' (another one of our little Christmas fundraisers), issuing concert tickets and raffle numbers and more!

Arriving home I was met with a van parked on our small lane which was blocking me from getting to our house. Thankfully the driver was just getting out of the van and quickly jumped back in and moved a little further up the lane giving me enough room to get past. Turned out to be good timing as the 'man in the van' was here to collect a couple of bikes that we no longer need. A local chap who takes in unwanted bikes, repairs them and sells them on with all proceeds going to our local hospice, much better than us taking them to the local recycling centre to be trashed.

Once inside and with a coffee poured I did actually manage a little online shopping. I updated my grocery shop ready for collecting this weekend as well as adding a few items to my 'subscribe and save' order at Hotel Chocolat. I have their high cocoa curated selection sent to me every three months so I had taken advantage of the free delivery that comes with the order and added on a few items that will be serve as some stocking filler gifts.

We ended the day with a weights workout down our gym and whilst in the garage I did a quick inventory of our freezer as I want to schedule in a butchers order and wanted to work out when best to have it delivered. I want to be able to get an order submitted so that I don't miss out on a delivery date before Christmas, but I needed to work out how long what we have already will last us!

Today was also my last delivery from a local dairy, Bluebells. During the first lockdown I'd found that they were doing deliveries and so had made use of them for ordering eggs and milk and occasionally some of their yummy ice-cream. During that first lockdown items like eggs had been limited by the supermarkets so it was great to find somewhere local that would deliver whilst at the same time I could support them during a difficult time. Bluebells not only make amazing ice-cream but they operate a small farm holding that opens to the public with play areas for children, a cafe and much more. So when their operations were stopped they diversified into deliveries. However as things have returned to 'normal' the demand for deliveries has dwindled and so they have decided to stop the service; such a shame although completely understandable.

Right off to complete a little more jigsaw so I will see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment