Tuesday 2 March 2021

Tuesday Thinking

Day 349...

Today has been my first working day of the week and after a pretty naff nights sleep I wasn't feeling the most energetic this morning.

But once into work it was simply a case of getting on with the job at hand. The team have got some fantastic activities planned with the children this week and it was great to catch up with my deputy manager and hear how well everything was going.

I had the usual admin and banking to do as well as chasing parents for a few bits and pieces. As we have entered the second half of our 'Spring Term' we are now beginning to put into place the planning for the upcoming 'Summer Term'. This means assessing the spaces we have available, the staffing requirements and the all important costing of what we would like to do!

I had the afternoon off and had a quick stop by my dads on the way home. As he is still without his car he has asked if I can run a few errands for him. Once home I decided to carry on with the work that I had started this morning.

I know it was an afternoon off and I shouldn't have been doing work but the fact that I could sit in the quiet of my kitchen, and uninterrupted, meant that I could spend some much needed time, and focus, on figures, dates and data. And although it took me almost all the afternoon and into early evening it was very worthwhile as I am now armed with facts and figures with which to move forward.

Simon took a visit to the 'gym' tonight but as I was still up to my eyes in figures and had a splitting headache I decided to simply carry on and get the job at hand completed. 

So it has been a later than expected finish to the day so I think it is probably about time I stopped!

Take care.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment