Saturday 13 March 2021

Day 360...a Saturday

Day 360...

I am almost at a year of writing this blog, something that I could never have predicted. I thought I would put virtual pen to virtual paper to simply record what we were going through and to keep a record of what life was like. No way could I have foreseen that almost a year later and I would still be writing.

So today was Saturday and the day started off slowly; after a week of mixed nights sleeps I had said to Simon yesterday that I was looking forward to just staying in bed and sleeping this weekend. It was a bit of a flippant comment but said with a grain of truth, and so Simon went out of his way not to wake me this morning. Although to be fair I had woken at pretty much my normal time but had allowed myself to drift in and out of sleep for a short while. There is a point at which I have to get up and move about as otherwise I would have felt that I had wasted a day if I were to spend it lounging around in bed!

So we had a steady morning which ended with our usual walk into the next village for coffee. It was windy, sunny, rainy and even hailed at one point but we made it there and back in an hour and seven minutes. We brought back a muffin for Ethan and I had a treat of a date scone which was very yummy with some cheese!

Simon and I have been discussing whether or not we should take up the offer of the COVID vaccine as we had both received texts from our doctors inviting us to make appointments. Two of my staff were booked in to get theirs today as well as my friend Michelle, and they all received the AstraZeneca version. Having done our own research, read papers and watched videos we definitely feel more comfortable going with the AstraZeneca version as this draws on existing vaccine technology, whereas the other authorised versions are using a new way of creating vaccines that has not seen the extensive trials that other methods have. After our walk we took the plunge and booked ourselves in for this coming Tuesday afternoon!

The afternoon was then spent doing a little online work; I had some updates for pre-school to do that I simply hadn't had the chance to finish yesterday but I wanted to get up straight ready for the week ahead so decided to take an hour of my time today. Simon has been in and out of the garage spray painting more of his R2D2 parts as well as ordering some bolts so that he can start assembling the leg parts and fixing them to the body.

And tonight I was treated to the men of the family making keto pizza for dinner!

Take care out there.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment