Friday 26 March 2021

Finally Friday

Day 373...

And we have reached the end of yet another working week...yay it's Friday.

And my first, and only, actual full day in actual work this week! For some of my friends in education today marked their last day in work and they now find themselves on their Easter two week break...but we have four more days to go next week (ok three for me as I don't work Mondays!)

My work day was spent as usual catching up with admin tasks, prepping the registers for the next term, helping my deputy with a little tidy up, organising ahead for a new starter after Easter and the usual banking. The afternoon was spent helping out a little on the floor and taking photos of a lovely, and sticky, baking activity with the children.

It was then home via a local supermarket as I decided I needed to buy a few treats ready for the Easter weekend and although I'd intended to leave buying till next week my online supermarket of choice were no longer stocking what I wanted. Apparently they were experiencing low stock levels of the traditional chocolate gift given at Easter!!

Once home I had a little more pre-school work to complete. We have an online learning journal system and I needed to authorise some posts so that parents can see what their little ones have been up to. I also wanted to share this afternoon's baking activity on social media and I had some money to count. Each year we send the children home with a certain brand of chocolate covered discs (ok...Smarties) that come in a very handy sized cardboard tube. We then ask parents that once their child has enjoyed their treat that they fill the now empty tube with 'pennies' and return to pre-school. This is a lovely little fundraiser and means that parents can contribute as much or as little as they can afford.

And that was pretty much my Friday and all that remains is to watch the second episode of The Falcon and The Winter soldier on Disney +.

Take care.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment