Monday 15 March 2021

Monday Mood

Day 362...

Well we have a Monday once more...and once more it was pretty much the same as Mondays are at the moment.

I always make sure I am up and about on a Monday just in case I am needed at pre-school, as although it is a non-working day for me I am 'cover' should I be needed. But this does mean that we are up and about to go and fetch our weekly grocery shop early on.

A rarity today as we had to use the actual lockers when we collected our shopping. Most Mondays when we have arrived at the lockers a store colleague has been working and brought our shopping to us, whereas today we had to do it all ourselves!!

Then it was home, unpack the shopping, put it all away before heading out for a Monday stroll into the next village for a coffee. We walked 3.5 miles in an hour and nine minutes, although I did manage to scold my hand with a splash of hot coffee...and it proper hurt!!

The afternoon was a mix of drinking coffee, sitting outside reading, Simon paint spraying various R2D2 pieces and just generally being very chilled out. Simon has managed to, very patiently and methodically, finally spray paint successfully the piece of R2D2 that over the weekend had given him so much grief! He has also masked and sprayed silver some more parts so hopefully it won't be long before the final bit of assembly can happen.

Simon decided to go 'down the gym' later this afternoon while I also did a little workout but in the comfort of the living room; a few bodyweight and kettle bell exercises for me.

And that was Monday...again...

I think it is going to be interesting to read back over all these blog posts to see what actually happened over this past year (almost there!) and just how repetitive life has become. I am very aware that life rolls on but very little is actually happening or has been able to happen. Plus the motivation to actually do anything feels like it has been sucked out of  me. All we can hope for is that we get out of this lockdown sooner rather than later and that we are all able to reclaim our lives, liberty and freedoms back!

Take care out there.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment