Wednesday 24 March 2021

Middle of the Week

Day 371...

And we have reached another Wednesday, the middle of the week once more.

This morning was a fairly standard morning in work, with all the usual admin tasks to complete. It's a week until our Easter raffle so I was busy trying to promote that with our parents via email and Facebook.

I left work at lunchtime to head home so that I could jump online for a 'Leaders and Managers' meeting. This is run by our local county council and aims to keep all early years leadership teams up to date with any developments within the sector and within our county.

Since the pandemic hit all our meetings have gone 'virtual' which has actually worked out really well. Instead of our council having to hosts dozens of meetings across our county they now simply host three virtual meetings, all at different times, so that we can pick and choose the time that works best. There is no driving to a venue, no paying of car parking charges or struggling to get parked. I can attend from home, with decent coffee to hand and be able to act on the information shared as it is given. My work day is much more efficient as I am not losing time travelling to and from a venue. It has also meant that rather than having one long meeting every 12 weeks or so we have been able to have shorter meetings every few weeks or when pertinent information has dictated.

After my meeting I went to see my Dad. I had some laundry that I'd done for him to drop off but my main task of the day was to get him 'online' and hopefully a little more tech aware. I have been able to set him up with his own WhatsApp account and hope this will be an easy way for him to communicate with all of the family and we will be able to check-in with him much more easily.

By the time I arrived home Simon was just finishing work and heading 'down the gym'. I was feeling rather tired and drained again this evening but for some reason decided to sort out a cupboard that was filled with random Tuperware boxes...suffice to say the cupboard is now a lot tidier!

I think it must be time to stop today and put my feet up before I fall asleep!

Take care.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment