Tuesday 22 February 2022

Day 707

Day 707...

As this week is my half term break from pre-school Simon had decided to book today off so that we had an extra long weekend together.

And because we are the cool parents (little in joke as one of Molly's friends has always referred to us as the cool parents!) we offered to take Ethan into work this morning so that he wasn't having to bother with catching the bus.

This meant that we were in Nottingham city centre just before 9am so it would have been rude to not have a wander around the shops with the obligatory stop for coffee along the way.

I wanted to buy some tights; I know not the most exciting thing to be buying but a necessity. We are going out on Friday night and I need some 'nude' coloured tights as my legs are too pale to go without plus it's still too cold! I was shocked to discover that buying 'nude' coloured tights could be so hard. Most shops didn't seem to stock any at all, or if they did the choice was limited to the shades available and in one shop there were only extra large sizes! Thankfully I did find some but it felt like a lot of effort for something that I will wear so infrequently.

Simon on the other hand came away with a new pair of shoes. He's been after a new pair of 'smart' shoes for ages and with us going out on Friday night he just happened to mention that he ought to look for a new pair of shoes to go with his suit. And as luck would have it the shop we were in at the time had a couple of pairs that he liked the look of; fifteen minutes later and we came away with a new pair.

We spent the afternoon at home and took some time for me to make a little more progress with my latest jigsaw and Simon did some more digital drawing. We then headed down the gym a little earlier than we would do normally for a Tuesday weights workout. I even tried some different moves making use of our new resistance bands set-up!

Well I think it's time to stop, put our feet up in front of the TV and watch this weeks RuPauls Drag Race UK versus the World!

See you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment