Wednesday 16 February 2022

Day 701

Day 701...

And another day at home and another quiet day for obvious reasons.

My day was filled with work as the joy of technology means that I am still able to complete most of my administration tasks. By keeping in touch with my deputy we could confer and plan and by the end of the day I was pretty pleased with the progress made through my 'to do' list.

Once again I have probably completed more work than I would have done on a standard Wednesday in work but that is fine as it has kept me focused. My only 'illness' symptoms has been a runny nose but as a side effect of that I have been suffering with sinus pain which is something I often seem to get with a cold. Luckily I had some sinus relief medication in the house so dutifully took some this morning hoping it would make a difference which it didn't. When I looked at the packet later on I realised thatvthe 'sinus' medication was no different ingredient wise to the 'cold & flu' medication that I also have...in fact the only difference was the name of the medication - what a swizz!

A little bright spot in the day was when my Hotel Chocolat delivery arrived. I had been a member of their Chocolate Tasting Club for a lot of years but when that scheme came to an end I swapped over to their 'high cocoa curated collection' and every couple of months or so I get a parcel. The collection contains a mix of different items with the common factor being that they all have a high cocoa content. Now for me personally I prefer my chocolate around the 90% cocoa mark but anything over 70% is what I would consider to be 'high cocoa'. 

I was therefore a tad disappointed today when I found two items in the box to be, what I considered, below par. The first was a small selector box of 'supermilk' chocolates...err supermilk? I don't think so! Turns out these are 65% cocoa. Then there was a bigger box of 'Unbelievably Vegan' chocolates...okay so where do I start with this one. Firstly it's great that they can make vegan friendly chocolates but I am not vegan and surely I should have the choice as to whether I want a product that has been made in a non-standard way? Secondly to make them vegan they use a nutmilk; I don't like diary alternatives and I don't like the chemical processes that are needed to produce them. And thirdly the cocoa content is only 45%!! How on earth is that high cocoa?

Suffice to say an email was issued expressing my displeasure and to their credit I received a reply pretty quickly along with a £5 gift card as compensation for my disappointment...mmm...well as the two products that I'm not happy with have a value of about £19 it doesn't seem very proportionate!

I did try one of the 65% chocolates with a coffee this afternoon and while it wasn't bad it also wasn't anything amazing either!

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment