Monday 25 July 2022

Day 858

Day 858...

The beginning of the week and it was back to work for Ethan today. We headed out on our walk just after 8.15am and took a slightly longer route tallying up 2.9 miles in 54 minutes, and for some reason today it felt hard going. Although according to the stats on my activity tracker everything was pretty much as normal.

We'd not been back home long when Simon received a message from work. Now Mondays are ordinarily a non-work day for Simon but because they have a deadline approaching he was contacted to see if he could do some work today. Some much needed fixes to the software had been put in over the weekend which meant the work Simon hadn't been able to complete on Friday could now be done. It also meant that the only way the fixes could be tested was for Simon to logon and see whether or not he could now complete his outstanding tasks.

We weren't sure how much work Simon would be required to do and so as a result the remainder of the day was rather quiet as we didn't really know how it was going to pan out. As it was Simon ended up working for pretty much the rest of the day and didn't finish until about 5pm. It did mean that my day was kind of held in limbo as I didn't want to start anything in case Simon came free and we could do something together. 

I did manage to sort through my jewellery as I had a couple of pieces of my mum's that I'd found when clearing my dads house that needed a new home. I also had a few old pieces of cheap stuff that I no longer wear and so they were thrown out. I also discovered an old Disney bracelet that was broken; it was made up of Mickey head shaped pieces and the string had simply deteriorated leaving just a pile of Mickey heads - oops!

When Simon did get away from work we were both feeling pretty low and rather lack-lustre so we decided we needed to do something to get us going again; so we headed down our gym. Simon was able to do so much more today than he has the last couple of times and his wrist is obviously getting stronger. He still has a little swelling and hasn't quite got a full range of movement but he is getting there. And after a decent workout we were both feeling a little more awake and purposeful.

But I shall leave it there and see you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment