Friday 1 July 2022

Day 834

Day 834...

And we have arrived at Friday and after a particularly crap nights sleep I was a little later than normal getting up. But that didn't stop us getting out for our early morning walk completing 1.9 miles in 39 minutes and we were still home before 9am.

The weather was a little cooler this morning but it didn't stop Simon and I venturing out in t-shirts although everyone else seemed to be wrapped up with jumpers and coats! We must be getting tough in our old age!

First job of the day was a quick trip to Lidl for a few essentials. Next it was back to my dads but instead of gardening my task was to sort through all the Christmas decorations that were taking up a lot of boxes!

My brother had gone through the boxes yesterday and taken home anything he wanted. I'd already taken home what I wanted so today it was a case of going through and seeing what was left. I have a table top sale coming up in a weeks time and so most of these left over items will go up for sale then. So today I wanted to check over them all to make sure they were all in tact and in working order. By the end of the morning I'd freed up a few boxes and created a pile for the bin!

After lunch I had the afternoon to myself and for a moment I was at a loss for what to do...but it didn't last long. The afternoon was spent doing the ironing. sorting through a ton of old paperwork as I am in the middle of reorganising some cupboards and some internet research. We had discovered a medal of my grandma's from when she was a member of the St John's Ambulance and I wanted to find out a little more about it. Turns out it was a service medal that marked at least 20 years service and showed that she was a Divisional Superintendent!

At the end of a particularly busy day for Simon we decided to grab some fresh air and go out for another walk. It was a little damp to start with but by the time we arrived back at home the sun was shining and we had another 1.8 miles in 34 minutes under our belts.

And that was Friday, roll on the weekend and I'll see you later.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment