Friday 22 July 2022

Day 855

Day 855...

The day started, like yesterday; rather grey although not quite as wet but it was still raining as we headed out for our early morning walk. Another 1.9 miles completed in 37 minutes.

My first job was to nip out to Lidl to get some fresh bits and pieces. And within ten minutes of me arriving home my butchers order arrived; 100 sausages, some pork steaks and 7kg of bacon! This meant that the majority of my morning was spent splitting it all into meal size portions and finding space in the freezer. And to round the morning out I got up straight with the ironing.

After lunch I had a few cleaning jobs to sort, some tidying away to do and a keto bread to make. By mid-afternoon the sun had decided to make an appearance so I took advantage and spent a little time getting my vitamin D intake for the day while enjoying a coffee.

Around 4pm we got the message from Molly that her and Dan were on their way to see us for the weekend. Molly's car had also been to the garage this morning for its annual MOT and thankfully it passed without issue. 

Today also marked day three of cold showers for me! Simon has been doing these for a while now and although I'd attempted them a month or so ago I hadn't really stuck at it, but I've decided to give them another go. Simon now manages four minutes each day but I'm starting off with just one minute and so far so good! There are supposed to be lots of health benefits to cold therapy including reduced inflammation, better immune response and the activation of brown fat (which helps get rid of the bad fat...fingers crossed). So I'm giving it a try to see whether it makes any noticeable effect, although it will take a few weeks, and ultimately longer showers, to create any difference - who knows?!

Molly and Dan arrived by early evening and it is lovely to have them here for a couple of days to catch-up.

See you tomorrow.
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment