Tuesday 26 April 2022

Day 769

Day 769...

After the strangeness of the weekend we are back into the normality of the working week.

I think the build up to the farewell for my dad yesterday had perhaps affected us more than we had realised. The weekend had been focused around my dad, his house and then getting ready for yesterday. As we had opted for a direct cremation we did not have a formal service yesterday but simply had a gathering of friends and family to say goodbye. We do know that my dad has been cremated today and by the end of the week my brother will be able to collect his ashes. We will then have the final scattering to arrange so that he can be placed where mum was seven years ago.

So today was a standard sort of Tuesday. I was in work for the full day and spent the day assisting my deputy manager and others as they take on more and more of my role. We are working towards my last official working day being the 27th May with a view to keeping me on as consultant should they need me (they won't as they know what they are doing!) until the end of July.

On my way home from work I stopped by my dads house to check on post and make sure all was well...very aware that with the house being empty we need to keep an eye on it. Back home and I had a couple of work related tasks before Simon finished for the day and we headed down our gym!

Another day done and I will see you tomorrow.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment