Monday 25 April 2022

Day 768 - Saying Goodbye to Dad

Day 768...

So today we said goodbye to my dad.

We had decided against a formal funeral and instead opted for a gathering of friends and family in his favourite pub to bid him farewell. 

We had a couple of digital photo frames set up with photos of him, and my late mum, going back to the 1960's and it was lovely to share those memories.

We spent all afternoon and into the early evening in the pub. Everyone was so lovely and had nothing but good things to say about my dad. And it was great to talk and reminisce and reconnect with people that I'd not seen for a fair few years. It was also great to spend time with my brother and hopefully moving forward we will get to rekindle our relationship.

Till tomorrow.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment