Thursday 21 April 2022

Day 764

Day 764...

Today turned out to be quite productive even with an unexpected trip to Ikea.

First job of the day was to get the ironing pile out of the way which didn't take too long at all. Next it was a trip to Lidl to get re-stocked on some fresh items and take advantage of some of their weekly vouchers.

On the way home I stopped by my dad's house to make sure all was well and see whether there was any post, which there wasn't. I took the opportunity to bring home his digital photo frame which we are hoping to use on Monday as a way to remember him at the gathering we are having to celebrate his life. I had another look around hoping to find some missing pieces of jewellery but to no avail, although I did get distracted looking through a box of very old photos. There is some wonderful moments of history in those photos as they are of my grandparents when they were younger and I am thankful to my grandma for writing names and dates on them all.

Back home and with the shopping put away I decided to see if I could get the new TV set up. I'd just got it out the box when Simon joined me and between us we had it in place and logged into all our various streaming apps in a matter of minutes.

After lunch I decided to embark on making up the set of drawers that we'd bought yesterday from Ikea. I'd got all the various bolts and screws laid out and began taking the different pieces of wood out of the packaging, I got to the very last piece and discovered that one corner was severely damaged! 

Oops, damaged piece!

So there was only one thing for it and off to Ikea I went. Armed with the damaged piece and my receipt it was a relatively straight forward process to get the piece swapped over. Although it did mean that the staff had to open a new package and then try and figure out which panel needed replacing. As it was a side panel we couldn't figure out whether it was the right or left side so I was given both sides to take home and just told to take back the piece I don't need when I next visit Ikea!

By the time I got home I was in need of a coffee and thankfully Simon had put a pot on that was freshly brewed as I walked in the door. Refreshed with coffee I then started the building of the set of drawers that I'd started about an hour and a half earlier! But by the time Simon had finished work it was almost complete and Simon joined me as I was assembling the drawers and so between us we got the job done...

Completed drawers
And with that it was time for a quick gym workout before settling down for the evening.

See you all tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment