Saturday 2 April 2022

Day 746

Day 746...

Well there isn't going to be much to report from today as it has been mainly taken up with one thing; paperwork.

After a steady start to the day Simon wanted to spend as much time as he could completing his latest art commission. So he set himself up with his digital art pad in front to the TV and by the end of the day was able to get it all finished off.

I decided that I would attack the mound of paperwork that I had brought home from my dad's house and try and figure out just what was relevant, what could be thrown away and anything that we may want to hold onto for sentimental reasons.

Going through it all has been a mixture of asking why on earth has something been kept, along with little finds that capture a moment in time. Suffice to say there has been an awful lot that has been thrown out...bills and statements from twenty years ago are of no use whatsoever!

But I am now making progress by collating all the needed and relevant stuff into one place in a much more organised fashion along with saving some random finds. I came across a couple of my dad's old school reports from the 1950's, blank wedding invitations from my wedding, a newspaper article about my dad retiring, some old one pound notes and more.

I am hoping that next week we will be able to make the arrangements for his funeral as well as figure out who needs notifying and the implications of that.

By the end of the day I had gone through everything and organised it all so it should be much easier to find whatever we may need going forward.

Time for a cuppa, see you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment