Tuesday 12 April 2022

Day 755

Day 755...

I think this will be a relatively short post as although I have been busy today there isn't too much to tell.

The morning and early afternoon was spent in work with a couple of my colleagues as we went through some paperwork. Despite being on our Easter two week break we wanted to use the time to have a bit of a sort out. The last time we had been able to have an extensive sort through was two years ago when we had moved premises. Now with my leaving date fast approaching it was time to go through everything and with two fresh pairs of eyes decide what needed to be kept and what didn't.

By early afternoon I was back home and waiting for my brother as we had an appointment with a solicitor to go through my dad's estate. Although everything is quite straight forward we made the decision to let the solicitor take the lead and get everything completed for us. Neither of us have the time, nor the inclination, to do what is needed ourselves and are more than happy to let someone else get involved. At least this way we can, hopefully, ensure that everything gets handled correctly and promptly.

So after an hour chatting with the solicitor we think we know where we are going next. I have a few bits and pieces of paperwork to get together and drop by their offices but at least we have now started the process of winding up my dads estate. This will also give us the motivation to go through the contents of his house and figure out what we want to keep and what we don't!

We then spent another hour or so chatting over the whole process and reminiscing about years gone by. And before I knew it the evening had arrived and it was time for dinner (thank goodness for making double keto pizza yesterday!).

See you tomorrow.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment