Sunday 16 September 2012

Running....a progress report

So I thought I would update everyone with how the running's going.  Well, first week back at work after the summer holidays I managed my 3 runs and completed week 7 of the C25K program - so that was 3 runs of 25 minutes (non-stop).

Second week back at work and I knew I wouldn't be able to manage the necessary 3 runs.  One of my usual run evenings was spent at the Theatre Royal in Nottingham watching Cabaret, starring the very talented Will Young (a definite must see), so I decided that rather than try to complete week 8, and get frustrated because life was getting in the way, I would simply continue with 25 minute runs until such time as I can manage a full 3 runs in a week.

So I have managed to get out twice this past week and complete 25 minutes each time; now it's not the easiest thing in the world for me, nor the most pleasant, but the sense of achievement when finishing a run is fantastic.  My aim at the moment is to keep on with the 25 minute runs as a minimum and when I know I have a clear week I will move onto week 8 (this will be 3 runs of 28 minutes each).  I know increasing from 25 minutes to 28 doesn't sound like much but at the moment the thought of 3 more minutes feels like quite a big hurdle for me, so my aim is to keep the 25 minute runs going and as and when I feel them getting more comfortable to increase to 28.

As always I shall keep you posted with my progress!

2 comments:

  1. Talking like 25 mins is nothing now Jayne :)Congrats xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Emma! Seriously though, it is tough but I am enjoying it, would never have believed at the beginning of the summer I'd be running like this now xx

    ReplyDelete