Thursday 13 June 2013

The Finer Details

So we are down to 68 days to go! Over the last few days I have managed to get some of the finer points put in place ready for our vacation.

Reservations have now been made for a hotel near our departure airport for the night before we fly.  We have a relatively early check-in for our flight but have a car drive of over 3 hours to get there.  So it makes life so much easier to drive to the airport the day before and then we're ready and refreshed for that early check-in.

I have also booked the car parking for the duration of our holiday, so I now know that whilst we are off having fun our car will be looked after and waiting for us when we return. I have opted for the valet service this year, just to avoid any delays when we get back.

This year I have had to apply for ESTA's (Electronic System for Travel Authorzation) for all of us.  An online system to get approval for entry into the US.  Which for some reason was strangely nerve wrecking when applying; making sure I'd input everything correctly and then paying the fee and waiting for the result only to then see 'Authorization Pending'!!!  Which meant I then had to log back on to check a day or so later and was much relieved to see 'Authorization Approved' - phew!  This will last us for two years...seems a good excuse to think about another vacation ;)

And finally I have booked an ADR (Advanced Dining Reservation)!!  My very first ADR...ever!!  We will be eating at Teppan Edo at the Japan pavillion in Epcot...and yes I'm just a little excited.  Booking online was so easy and it would be very tempting to make a few more reservations but as we have the Quick Service Dining Plan this meal, and any others like it, will have to be paid for separately out of our vacation budget.  So for the time being I am happy to have this one booked and I think we shall see what happens whilst on vacation.

So for now I think I have booked and sorted as much as I can, I have even booked all my hair appointments between now and when we go!  After all I want to look my best for Mickey :).  In fact the only things left to do are to order some US dollars nearer the time and a last minute shop for all the 'essentials'...68 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment