Monday 24 June 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well I feel that I have neglected my blog a little of late but life has been so busy that I don't seem to have had time to think let alone blog!

So it all started over a week ago...

Day 1 - Daughter has guitar lesson followed by her brown belt grading - 4 hours gone.  I was then out at the theatre with my BFF to see 9 to 5 the musical which was fabulous.

Day 2 - Father's Day - so a day devoted to our dads.

Day 3 - Full day at work followed by a quick meal and out the door to the theatre for the second time in three days.  This time to see Birdsong a play set in World War 1 - terrific performance and very moving.

Day 4 - Full day at work, quick cup of tea and then out the door to take my daughter to her karate lesson followed by a trip to Costco to stock up on supplies for that weekend's Summer Fair at my pre-school.

Day 5 - Full day at work, followed by daughters first parents evening at secondary school. Pleased to report she is doing really well :) Then home to wait for my grocery shopping to be delivered, think I stopped about 8.30pm for the first time that day!

Day 6 - Another full day at work that ended in a 2 hour staff meeting.  Then home to make dinner and 6 dozen muffins (apple & cinnamon, chocolate and blueberry) all for my pre-school's Summer fair.

Day 7 - Last day of work for the week, finished with an hours overtime getting ready for the Summer fair. I spent a little time with my mum having a catch-up before heading home to get the dinner sorted and then leave the house at 8.30pm to make my way into Derby to complete a moonlight 10K walk for my local hospice.  It was a really fun night, hanging out with some great friends and 499 other ladies who all managed to raise £43,000 - wow!  Home for 12.30am!!

Day 8 - Up at 7am (on a Saturday!) to head down to my pre-school to run our annual Summer fair.  After a very grey start and a mid morning downpour the weather managed to stay dry for the fair and in 3 hours we raised an amazing £900!  The best part of the day was finishing off with a take-out for dinner (our local kebab shop is amazing) followed by Wreck-it-Ralph on Blu-ray and posh chocolates - fantastic :)

Day 9 - A little less hectic but I had a few jobs around the house to catch up with and concluded the afternoon with a walk in the grey and the wind!

So as you can see things have been a little hectic.  So much so that my running endeavours have taken a back seat big time although I was really pleased with my 10K walk as I think we improved on last year's time by over 15 minutes.  So I still have that target of running around Lago Dorado at Coronado Springs and  I will do it.  I have decided to get out when I can even if I only get out and walk, as long as I am out there and moving.  Hopefully as the school term comes to an end and life becomes quieter I will have a good few clear weeks to get those miles in and make my little dream a reality - only 57 days to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment