Sunday, 30 August 2026

Ink Update (2021 to 2026)

Having picked up the metaphorical pen a bit more of late, along with looking back over my previous posts I came to the realisation that I’ve been a bit lax when it comes to the subject of tattoos. And specifically how my collection of ink has expanded over the last few years.

In fact, since May 2019 I have seven new pieces to share with you. So I suppose the best way to do this would be in chronological order!

We will start way back in April of 2020 when the world had gone slightly mad and consequently my planned ink had to be postponed. In fact it wasn't until  July 2021 when I was finally able to get back to my tattooist Saint Heywood at Acadia Tattoo in Macclesfield.

The tattoo itself was inspired by a dream that Simon had had that involved Peter Pan & Wendy flying together. I wanted the design to represent Peter Pan flying slightly ahead, encouraging and supporting Wendy to fly along with him. This very much represents Simon and I; Simon as the ever youthful Peter guiding, encouraging and supporting Wendy (aka me). Providing me with the confidence and self belief that I feel with Simon by my side, pulling me along to achieve what I may not always realise that I am capable of.

A few hours of lying down and keeping still and I was able to take this awesome creation home with me...

Moving forward to September 2022 and I headed once more to Macclesfield, and this time moved my attention to my left leg for some 'Good Fairy' magic.
Line work completed

The finished piece
I also used this visit to get a small star added to my arm in remembrance of my Dad who had passed away earlier in the year.
Star for my Dad
It wasn't long before I was back at Acadia in November 2022 to start work on a leg piece for my right calf. This piece would ultimately have additional pieces added in July 2023 and June 2024 and honors one of my all time favourite Disney attractions; It's A Small World. With the art style being that of Jerrod Maruyama.





And I'm sure I could add more to this piece...just need to decide on what!

Whilst I had a small addition (the little Dutch boy) to my leg in June 2024 the main reason for visiting Acadia Tattoo was to get this amazing piece of ink completed...

Maleficent and her dragon
A couple of months later in August 2024 we found ourselves visiting, what has become one of our favourite places, Amsterdam. We were there on a special mission as Simon had been asked to display some of his art in a store in the Zeedijk area of the city. So we decided to commemorate the visit and our love of the city with 'XXX' tattoos. The triple X is the symbol of Amsterdam and can be found all over the city from flags to lampposts and more. We booked ourselves in at Blue Blood Studios with the lovely Coral.
Blue Blood Studios, Amsterdam

With our tattooist the lovely Coral

Waiting in style!!

Nine months later, following our vacation to Walt Disney World, it was time for some more ink and this time I wanted to represent another of my all time favourite attractions; Haunted Mansion. But as this was going to be placed on my left leg close to my existing Three Good Fairies I wanted to incorporate something from Sleeping Beauty as well. We came up with the idea of replacing the Madame Leota character from the Haunted Mansion with Sleeping Beauty herself, Aurora.
Linework and some of the black aspects

How amazing is this finished result!!

Pretty chill, enjoying a coffee mid-inking!
So to this year and in May it was time to represent another Walt Disney World attraction that Simon and I had fallen in love with during our two vacations last year. Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway is a delightful, engaging and deceptively complex ride with a catchy signature tune which seems to reflect our current attitude to life...'Nothing Can Stop Us Now'. This tattoo is my first Disney tattoo to include Mickey & Minnie along with the ride's mascot Chuuby and surrounded by some Disney inspired flora!
Getting inked
All done!
'Nothing Can Stop Us Now!
Well it is now August 2026 and we are just a few weeks away from our next Disney vacation so I wonder what is going to inspire my next piece of Disney ink?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment