Sunday 14 February 2021

Valentines Day

Day 333...

Happy Valentines Day!

Well the day started like any other at the moment. A slow and steady Sunday morning. I chatted over WhatsApp with Molly as she shared her Valentines gifts with me and once we had eaten breakfast and were on our second coffee of the day Simon and I exchanged gifts.

Simon had bought me a Star Wars Mandalorian Pop Vinyl figure...how cute is this?

I had bought Simon a Star Wars LED light for his desk; one that can swap between R2D2, the Millenium Falcon or the Deathstar! But I also decided to treat us both...one of our little pleasures, in normal times, is to go out for 'coffee & cake'. Now to be fair it's not often that we have the cake element and it's more about finding the time to take ourselves out and about and just stop and enjoy a moment just the two of us. But because of the current lockdown going out for 'coffee & cake' hasn't been possible for a long while...in fact I can't remember the last time we went and sat in a coffee shop!

Anyway I decided that as we couldn't go out for 'coffee & cake' I would bring it to us. So by the power of online retail I was able to buy one of our favourite coffee shop brand coffees and indulge in a low carb treat.

Caffe Nero Coffee 
Chocolate Raspberry Brownies by Deliciously Guilt Free

We then braved the chilly wind to take one of our longer walks out, in fact it turned out to be our longest to date, managing 5.69 miles in 1 hour and 48 minutes! We have been using the Strava app to record our walks and already this year we have walked 72.6 miles in a total of 23 hours!

Suffice to say when we arrived home we indulged in the aforementioned, and very much deserved, 'coffee & cake' and it was yummy!

Then this afternoon while I did some 'research' ahead of this evening's Disney Quiz...which meant watching the Pixar movie Soul...Simon made some more progress on his latest art piece, a renditioning of a game character called Shadowman from a game he worked on back in the late 1990's.

And as the evening came around it was time for our weekly Disney Dream Girls Disney quiz via Zoom. I didn't do too badly, I think I managed 5 out of a possible 11 for the questions on Soul although my knowledge of Disney's Hollywood Studios let me down for the second half of the quiz! But it was still fun and lovely to chat with a group of friends from around the world that I would not otherwise have met had it not been for this weekly quiz.

Take care out there.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment