So our morning's golfing adventure had been curtailed by the weather and as we made our way towards the Boardwalk and meeting up with friend Michelle the rain struck again...
|Look at the size of the puddle...sorry more like a pond!|
|I think I'm a little bit wet!!!!|
So after meeting up with Michelle we made our way from the Boardwalk to the Beach & Yacht Club resort, more specifically to Beaches & Cream Soda Shop where we thought we'd have a little something to eat..
Our first challenge was getting a table...now at the time we were there Beaches & Cream, despite being a very popular eatery, didn't take reservations and on enquiring after a table we were told that current wait times were about an hour!! Not one to be deterred our Michelle spoke to the cast member in charge of tables and the next thing we knew we were going inside! Now I'm not sure what Michelle did or said but we got in! I think the reason we got in so quick was because we were happy to sit at the counter rather than at a table or a booth; sitting at the counter was great because you got to see all that was going on making the burgers and the sundaes and it really added to the atmosphere of eating in an old fashioned styled ice-cream parlour.
|Still a bit soggy but at least we were inside out of the rain, although the air conditioning wasn't really needed!!|
|Ooooo what to have?!!!|
Now I'd better confess that we had a very particular reason for wanting to eat here, something that was on our 'to do' list...the 'Kitchen Sink'...a sundae of epic proportions! How epic you may say, well here's the list of ingredients;
- ½ cup fudge topping, warmed
- ½ cup butterscotch topping, warmed
- ½ cup peanut butter topping, warmed
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2 –inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 ¼-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 ½-inch), quartered
- 2 4-oz. scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup marshmallow crème
- ¼ cup strawberry topping
- ¼ cup pineapple topping
- 1 14-oz can dairy whipped topping
- 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- ½ cup drained maraschino cherries
Suffice to say we ordered just the one between the four of us! Oh and if you do decide to go for one of these be prepared for the whole of the restaurant to know about it; lights flash and an announcement is made to one and all, much to our kids embarrassment :)
|Ready to dig in!|
So we tackled it with gusto and I have to say we made short work of it!
|Are we going to be able to manage this?|
And we're done!
It was such a fun experience and whilst my first reaction after finishing it all was 'never again' I think that now a little time has passed I would be willing to give it another go...although I think the kids and I would ask for the peanut butter topping and chips to be replaced with more chocolate!! But all of the food here was great, and the choice of sundaes and desserts may tempt me to try something different next time. A lovely place to eat and a definite recommendation from me.
At the end of our meal we were joined by yet more friends, Phil & Lauren who we had met through the WDW Radio Meet of the month a couple of days earlier. The sun had now decided to come out and everywhere was drying up leaving us to spend the remainder of the day in Epcot.
We took a stroll through the World Showcase indulging in a couple of games of Phineas & Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure; which is great fun and I shall go into more details in a later post.
|Look at the concentration...this is serious stuff!|
We had dinner at the Katsura Grill in the Japanese pavilion (just love it here)...
...before a little shopping in Mousegear and a ride on The Seas with Nemo & Friends before heading home.
|Such a beautiful sky as we approached The Seas with Nemo & Friends|
Another fun-filled day with great friends and great memories.
|And we're home :)|