Wednesday 24 February 2021

Mid-week Wednesday

Day 343...

And we have day two of my working week...well I say 'day' but it was actually only half a day today.

My main focus this morning was to get some data input completed in respect of the funding that we receive as the deadline was tomorrow. There were the usual emails, updating of documents, a little forward planning into the next academic year and some banking before I headed home at lunchtime.

I did arrive home to a small delivery though which was rather nice...

...a 'high cocoa selection' from Hotel Chocolat. I have been a member of their Chocolate Tasting Club for a lot of years and used to receive a box of mixed dark chocolates every 12 weeks. Just recently they changed it from a box of mixed chocolates to a mix of various products on their 'subscribe & save' service. It's not quite the same as their previous system and as it had been quite a while since I'd received a selection I popped online at the weekend and brought forward my 'scheduled' delivery...I  fancied a treat and a little indulgence.

The afternoon was then a very chilled out affair. I was able to get caught up on some laundry and made sure that I kept me, Simon and Ethan supplied with coffee throughout the afternoon while I indulged in a little 'me time'.

I managed to catch-up on a couple of episodes of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, do my nails and read some more of 'The Case for Keto' by Gary Taubes. So a chilled out but productive afternoon.

Simon headed down the 'gym' tonight and I headed to the living room to do my round of body weight exercises plus a few kettle bells. I decided to put on a documentary about Duran Duran while I worked out which was really interesting and brought back a lot of memories. Duran are one of my all time favourites and as a result I have been blasting out their music all evening.

Well, my wine glass is now empty so I'd better refill it...take care out there.
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment